newfs: decreasing bytes/inode

David R. Kaelbling drk at twinkie.rational.com
Wed Apr 5 09:07:34 AEST 1989

I tried reducing the block size in my file systems (so that I could reduce
the #cyl/group, so that I could get more inodes).  Whenever I ran a binary
out of the partition in question the system printed a disturbing message
to the effect that paging was disabled because of the small block size.
You might want to consider this before rebuilding all of your partitions.

	David
David Kaelbling                                       (408) 496-3600
c/o Rational; 3320 Scott Boulevard; Santa Clara, CA       95054-3197
drk at Rational.COM, drk at igor.uu.net, ...!{uunet,ubvax,amdcad}!igor!drk