Help with 4.0 upgrade on Sun 3/260

Gerry Lawrence gwl at beach.cis.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 26 16:46:26 AEST 1989

I've just been (conned) into upgrading to 4.0 on our 3/260.  We've got two
Fujitsu 2333's, 8 megs of ram and a 1/4inch tape drive.  I can get all the
way through the suninstall forms up until the "Installation" menu item,
which immediately gives:

        Bus error: core dumped

Ulch!  I've tried different disk partitions, different options, to no
avail.  Has anyone had this problem?

By the way we had a disk crash several weeks ago, which left many of the
files trahed, one of the reasons for the upgrade.

[[ Tread very carefully when running suninstall.  DO NOT TYPE AHEAD at
all.  If you are impatient and hit keys before suninstall is ready to read
them, it may core dump.  This was our experience when upgrading a 3/280
with suninstall.  This may or may not be the source of your problem, but
it is something to be careful about.  --wnl ]]

Thanks in advance

Gerry Lawrence

(normal) 		 gwl at beach.cis.ufl.edu
(stupid)                 gwl%beach.cis.ufl.edu at bikini.cis.ufl.edu
UUCP: (really stupid)    ...!gatech!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!gwl