Problems with SunOS 4.0.1, YP, and NFS mounting

ejs at goldhill.com ejs at goldhill.com
Sat Apr 22 12:25:32 AEST 1989

dbd%benden at lanl.gov (Dan Davison):
   I went thru the problems described here when we "upgraded" to 4.0.  After
   much suffering with the hotline we got working binaries of portmap,
   ypbind, and ypserv.  The magic combination:

   benden:/usr/etc[6]:sum ypbind ypserv portmap
   65054    16 ypbind
   28961    40 ypserv
   26206    16 portmap

I just checked our checksums for the above three programs running under a
vanilla SunOS 4.0.1 release and they match.

   The portmapper with the checksum of 26206 16 may also work.

What's the difference between this checksum and the one above?

   If anyone wants more info I'd try to help.

I would like more info, and help, if possible.  Thanks.

Eric Swenson
Gold Hill Computers, Inc.
(617) 621-3405