rlogin trouble: Chars translated into ^D

Doug Freyburger dougf!dougf at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Apr 22 14:46:42 AEST 1989

seth at sirius.ctr.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) writes:
>I have been having this trouble whereby if a person rlogin/telnets to
>various machines, when they type, all of their characters get translated
>into ^Ds...
>	seth at ctr.columbia.edu

`ps' will show a process running in the background attached to the pty.
The workaround is to have someone consume the pty with a window on their
workstation.  We have several machines that are used as general purpose
workhorses; I usually have a couple windows holding down ptys consumed by
background jobs.  dougf at wega.caltech.edu

Douglas J Freyburger
Caltech 206-49
Pasadena, CA 91125