pcnfsd and inetd

de Paashaas duttnph!hans at nluug.nl
Sat Apr 22 10:24:32 AEST 1989

In article <937 at sunspot.cme.nbs.gov> you write:
>I am having trouble getting inetd under 4.0.1 to start up the pcnfsd
>daemon.  The entry in inetd.conf is:
>
>  pcnfsd/1        dgram   rpc/udp wait root /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd   rpc.pcnfsd
>
>The console output we get is:
>
> "inetd[152]: pcnfsd/rpc/udp: unknown service"

You'll need an extra line in /etc/rpc:

grep pcnfs /etc/services /etc/inetd.conf /etc/rpc

/etc/inetd.conf:pcnfsd/1 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd rpc.pcnfsd
/etc/rpc:pcnfsd		150001

Hope this helps. I don't think it's in the manual, it follows from the
pcnfsd source.  (B.t.w. we run 4.0.1)

Cheers,

	Hans
--
Hans Buurman                   | hans at duttnph.UUCP
Pattern Recognition Group      |