new product rumors

Robert Marti mcvax!ethz!marti at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 5 04:04:42 AEST 1989

In article <890302023213.283417 at DOCKMASTER.ARPA>, Kemp at dockmaster.arpa writes:
> I completely agree that people who get information from Sun under terms of
> non-disclosure have an obligation to keep their mouths shut.
> [ ... ]
> BTW, we have never actually signed a non-disclosure agreement with Sun, we
> just sign an attendance sheet for the briefings.
>   Dave Kemp

Well, let me add my $0.02's worth:

I also agree that people who get information under terms of non-disclosure
should keep their mouths shut.  HOWEVER, I always get the impression that
vendors usually don't mind at all if you pass on the information revealed
under non-disclosure.  By having you sign an agreement, they are basically
just covering their asses in case they don't/can't ship as planned so that
no customer or competitor can sue them on the basis of whatever
information was revealed.

--
Robert Marti                      Phone:      +41 1 256 52 36
Institut fur Informationssysteme