Gerry Lachac dialogic!gerry at uunet.uu.net
Tue Aug 22 23:26:55 AEST 1989

This is a summary of the information sent to me about expanding 3/60 and
3/80 memory.  Thanks to the multitude of people who responded.

SUN does use 1 megabyte SIMMS.  These must be fast (80ns) especially for
the 3/80's.  There are 9 chips per SIMM. On the 3/60 they must be added in
4 megabyte increments and a jumper moved. For the memory test, an eeprom
value must be changed.

PRICING: The average price quoted to me was around $180 per meg.  If you
shop around you can get much lower (lowest I was told was $129 - from
Gigabyte).  This seems much more reasonable than the $450 my dealer
attempted to charge me.  Below is a list of the places people advised me
to buy from. The number in brackets is the number of people who mentioned
the company.  I don't endorse any company myself.

		Clearpoint 	[6]
		Helios		[2]
		Gigabyte Corp	[1]

There you have it.

--
uunet!dialogic!gerry   | 			   |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  			   |	129 Littleton Rd