Tektronix Phaser and Sun 386i?

Michael Utermoehle mcvax!pbinfo!mike at uunet.uu.net
Wed Aug 23 00:32:53 AEST 1989

we have some trouble installing a Tektronix Phaser Card in a SUN 386i.
The Phaser Card is needed for the Tektronix Color Printer, which is a
PostScript compatible, 300 dpi thermo printer.  Setting up the Phaser in a
'normal' PC environment takes us only some minutes.  But when we do the
installation for the SUN 386i the install procedure tells us that there is
no Phaser Card on the bus.  The Phaser Card (should) act as a normal COM2
or LPT2 card (but has no physical I/O ports).

A standard IBM-PC parallel/serial card will be accepted by the 386i but
not the Phaser Card.

Anyone out who has fixed this problem?
Thanks for any suggestion.
  mike