FDDI board for SUN

Gurjot S. Kahlon kahlon at caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 30 05:35:24 AEST 1989

I am working on a project to link Ardent, SUN and tektronics graphic
workstations with the BBN-1 and the NCUBE. This interfacing will
significantly enhance the capability of the workstations by making use of
the workstations for graphics and the parallel machines for number
crunching. As the amount of data available at the backend of a workstation
is of the order of hundreds of Megabytes per sec therefore I am making use
of FDDI (Fiber Distributive Data Interface), which is a high speed net for
taking the data to the parrallel machines for processing and back. Could
anybody tell me about the suitability of the SUN FDDI board for
implementing this link and the name and if possible the address of any
other vendor offering a FDDI board.

Also if someone has any suggestions on this project please let me know.

                                     Thanks!

                                                      Gurjot