watchdog reset

John C. Schultz mmm!us214777 at uc.msc.umn.edu
Sat Aug 19 13:33:26 AEST 1989

In article <718 at brazos.Rice.edu> titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu!kam at cs.utexas.edu (Katherine Minister Hosch) writes:

>Howdy all.  This has happened twice now, and I'm starting to get a little
>worried.  We have a standalone 4/260 that crashed the other day, leaving
>only the message (on the console):
>
>	> watchdog reset

Don't know if this will help but...  Our SUN 3/160 gets a watchdog reset
trying to boot if I do not have the VME box at the other end of the VME
repeater (Bit 3 brand) powered up.  Once the SUN has booted, I can power
the remote VME system up and down.

Perhaps you might want to try removing extra hardware and then rearranging
the boards in the backplane.  Stranger things have worked.