Automount under SUN OS 4.0.3

Andy Richter war at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Sat Aug 5 05:07:44 AEST 1989

We are planning to implement automounting on our network of about 50 SUN
workstations and are soliciting opinions and experiences of anyone who has
previous experience with automounting.

Excluding the default SUN OS distributed file systems, all of our file
names have the form /nfs/hostname/filesytemname.  There are no examples in
the documentation for automounting file systems which are three
directories deep.

We would be interested in hearing about the following:
1) problems encountered with automounting both at implementation and
   afterwards
2) opinions about the ease of implementation given our environment as
   mentioned above

I will post responses to the net if there is sufficient interest.

Andy Richter
Systems Analyst, School of Engineering
Vanderbilt University
war at vuse.vanderbilt.edu