Sun4 running modems at 9600

Dane Meyer dmeyer at tan.csc.ti.com
Tue Aug 15 08:06:18 AEST 1989

I was wondering if any of you have tried to hook your Sun4 to a modem, and
then use "tip" to call OUT at 9600 baud.  I'm using a Microcomp AX/9624c
Hayes compatible modem which I know will run (half duplex) at 9600 baud
when connected to our port selector. I have entries in my /etc/remote for
1200, 2400, and 9600.  It runs fine at 1200 and 2400, but at 9600, the
line is dropped as soon as the connection is made.  It seems like there
should be a place when I can define the init commands to be sent to the
modem to initialize it when tip starts up ... but I can't find anything.
Maybe "tip" has this hardcoded by modem type.  Anyway, do you know all the
places that need to configured to run the modem at 9600 baud?  Note that I
do have the /etc/ttytab file configured to handle 9600 baud for getty,
which handles dial-in's.  Any ideas you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dane Meyer
CSC Laboratory
Texas Instruments