crypt et al for SunOS 4.0 export

Richard Oxbrow raob at mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
Sat Aug 19 17:15:49 AEST 1989

In article <722 at brazos.Rice.edu> number1!perl%step at uunet.uu.net (Robert Perlberg) writes:

>In article <157 at brazos.Rice.edu>, parker at eric.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:
>> Does anyone know how/if I can get the encryption software for the *export*
>> version of SunOS 4.0? The local Sun office says no dice, but I figure Free
>> Trade must give us Canadians *something*! Anyone at Sun listening here who
>> might be able to help?
>
>Free Trade has little to do with it.  There's a federal law which
>prohibits the export of encryption devices.

Not if you do not live in the US of A. There is a set of DES
programs/subroutines on a machine in Finland which are publicly available.
Try ftping to 128.59.64.40 which also has a copy of this software for
public distribution (this is where I came by my copy).   I do have the
address of the machine in finland somewhere, if 128.59.64.40 does not have
it any longer.

					richard ..

#PS 128.59.64.40 is a machine in north america