{1000 Optical disk drive?

Brian A. Wolfe ames.arc.nasa.gov!mailrus!sharkey!hfhrv!brian at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 30 10:56:31 AEST 1989

I've been asked to look into installing an Optimem 1000 optical disk drive
in a Sun 3, this contraption was purchased in '86 (so I'm told) and most
of the docs are missing.

There seems to be some sort of 'host adaptor' that plugs into the Sun, but
we have absolutely no paperwork (or even the name of the company that
makes it) or docs for it. The host adaptor seems to cause the system to
crash pretty frequently so I'm wondering if the jumpers are not set
correctly.

Does anyone out there have an Optimem 1000? I'd appreciate it if someone
could point me towards whatever company makes this 'host adaptor'.

Thanks in advance,

Brian.