Accessing a Sun Ethernet interface (le or ie) directly.

David W. Minnich fibercom!dwm at uunet.uu.net
Thu Aug 3 03:37:48 AEST 1989

We have an application which requires using a Sun to transmit raw ethernet
packets (i.e. we don't want to use the socket interface or any other
interface which uses tcp/ip, udp, etc.  We want to have complete control
over the contents of the ethernet packet's data field).  The documentation
is frustratingly silent on this subject.  Has anyone out there had
experience accessing the ethernet interface driver?  (Either le or ie?)
Any help or pointers to references in the documentation would be greatly
appreciated.  Please respond through Email to the address below, and I'll
summarize to this group if there's enough interest.

dave

David W. Minnich               INTERNET: dwm at fibercom.com
FiberCom, Inc.                 UUCP: ...!uunet!fibercom!dwm
P.O. Box 11966                 FAX: (703) 342-5961
Roanoke, VA  24022-1966        PHONE: (703) 342-6700, (800) 423-1183