Possible bug in SunOS Release 4 Bourne Shell?

Gordon C. Galligher telxon!gorpong at uunet.uu.net
Tue Aug 29 04:48:26 AEST 1989

In article <763 at brazos.Rice.edu> keith%tira at gargoyle.uchicago.edu (Keith Waclena) writes:

>Hardware: Sun 4/110, Sun 3/50
>OS:	  SunOS 4.0, SunOS 4.0.1
>
>The following shell script gives different results when invoked with
>standard input redirected from a file, compared to when the same file is
>piped into it via cat.
[text of script deleted]

>Is this a known bug?  Does it exist in the latest version of SunOS?
>(We're upgrading soon.)

We currently have SunOS 4.0.3 on a Sun 4/280 and it still exists in that
version.  Are you listening SUN?

		-- Gordon.

Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ...!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> gorpong at telxon.uucp.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|> "What are ya standin' around for?  Don't ya know
Akron, Ohio, 44313   <|>  a Jail Break when ya see one?" - Scotty
(216) 867-3700 (3512)<|>         Star Trek V:  The Final Frontier