kermit and other transfers between sun and mac

Gilbert Harman ghh at clarity.princeton.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:14:28 AEST 1989

Using Sun OS 4.01, I am having trouble sending text files to the sun from
a Mac.  Terminal program on the mac = versaterm 4.0.  The problem occurs
using mbget, kermit, or just sending a file as a stream of characters.
The principal symptom is that, after the transfer fails, the sun gets one
or more characters behind.  The character echoed is not the character just
typed but the character typed, say, three characters back.  In order to
The "e" appears only when I type the "t" and the "x" appears only when I
type the following <return> etc.

Once I logout and login again, things are back to normal.  Have others had
the same experience?  Any ideas about how to fix things?

		       Gilbert Harman
                       Princeton University Cognitive Science Laboratory
	               221 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542

		       ghh at princeton.edu
		       HARMAN at PUCC.BITNET