Twisted Pair Ethernet--anyone using it?

S.C. Blair frame!scb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 8 07:36:35 AEST 1989

I would be really interested in anyone who's using this medium versus
using conventional ethernet. I may re-design our network in the very near
future and the costs of the Twisted Pair /vs/ "normal" ethernet make this
a seemingly attractive deal.

If you have it, what do you feel is best about it? What is worst about it?
Does it make adding new nodes easier or harder? Do you see any performance
bottlenecks with it?

If you're or someone you know is considering using this, I would really
appreciate hearing from you. I'll be happy to summarize after getting
us "luck" enough to design networks..
--
Steven C. Blair Manager Systems Administration
Frame Technology Inc. 2911 Zanker Road San Jose, Ca. 95134
INTERNET: frame!nevdull!scb at sun.com  frame!nevdull!scb at vicom.com
UUCP: {most backbones(ames, sun,)}vicom!frame!nevdull!scb