Fading Sun-2 monitor

Bob Knight knight at sfi.santafe.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:39:30 AEST 1989

Hi - I have a 2/120 with a Moniterm monitor whose brightness slowly fades
over time.  I have bypassed one of the capacitors mentioned in an earlier
Sun-Spots (didn't help, as far as I can tell), but am reluctant to perform
more surgery without some very specific help.  Could someone please give
me some specific pointers on how I might cure this problem?  I'm not a
hard- ware hacker, but am able to perform repair work if I know what I'm
looking for (and yes, I do know about CRT anodes and the hazards
involved)...

Thanks in advance,
Bob