Diskless 386i/150 Trap type 0xe

Dana Roode roode%hydra.cf.uci.edu at orion.cf.uci.edu
Thu Feb 16 11:04:45 AEST 1989

We have a diskless 386i/150 recently purchased being served off a /250.  I
set the systems up and all was working well until the owner of the /150
went to unlock his screen one day.  The system crashed, and while
rebooting died again.  The messages where something like this:

    trap type 0xe

    trap die pid 0, current prog is 'swapper'

    eip(fc087c41), eflags(10246), [register dump not recorded]

    SunOS rel DL386
    panic: page fault
    dumping to vp 0, offset 0
    double trap (type 14)

This problem was intermittent and we were able to get the system up on
occasion.  I called Sun and they had me send it in for warranty repair.

Now Sun has the system but can't make it fail - I have been encouraging
them to find out from the SunOS folks what 'trap type 0xe' means, but they
havent yet.  Does anyone out there know?

    Dana Roode
    Roode at orion.cf.uci.edu
    Bitnet: DFRoode at UCI