OS 4.0, YP, and named

Stan Corbin stan%prism at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 1 00:43:01 AEST 1989

In article <204 at uwila.cfht.hawaii.edu> sysrick at cfht.cfht.hawaii.edu writes:
>We are trying to start up a domain name server with little luck. We have
>been running YP fine under 4.0 for about 6 months. I have setup a
>nameserver as per the Sun instructions and have restarted ypserv as ypserv
>-i.

>One question (among many) is -- what triggers the host lookup to go from
>YP to using the name server ?

I think that as of 4.0, use of the name server is not triggered by "-i" on
ypserv, but rather by adding "-b" to the makedbm for the hosts map.  Also,
there is at least one patch to ypserv that you might need to make it work
(sorry, I don't have the number handy, but I think it was pretty popular,
so Sun should know what you need).

[[ See volume 7 number 122 (sent last Wednesday).  --wnl ]]

Stan Corbin					       stan at prism.gatech.edu
Office of Computing Services			       ...!gatech!prism!stan
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, Georgia  30332-0275