SunIPC 1.2 and System Logging Problem

Charlie Dennett dennett at kodak.com
Wed Feb 15 05:51:57 AEST 1989

My system is a 3/260 running 4.0.1.  I recently received the latest
version of SunIPC - version 1.2.  I installed it with no problem.
However, afterwards I noticed that my system logfiles no longer had any
entries added to them.  I rebuilt the kernal without the SunIPC line in
the configuration file and logging worked as it did before.  I readded the
SunIPC configuration line and logging stopped.

I have to conclude that SunIPC and system logging do not get along with
one another.  I send a note off to the Answer Line a while ago but have
received no response.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Is there a
workaround?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Charlie Dennett - Eastman Kodak Company
UUCP: ...rutgers!rochester!kodak!dennett