Corrupted data/CG5 problems solved

Craig Ruff cruff at handies.ucar.edu
Thu Feb 9 19:21:24 AEST 1989

We had some problems with data being DMA'd from various devices being
corrupted on several of our systems.  The devices included SCSI interfaces
with Exabyte drives and Ikon DR11 emulators attaced to various things.
The symptoms were that random bytes would get munged every once in a
while, but not in a repeatable way (though with somewhat repeatable
frequency).

What each machine had in common was a CG5 board (no GP).  The solution was
to get the latest revision of the CG5 board put into the system.  If you
are seeing similar problems, ask your Sun FE about this solution.
--
Craig Ruff      NCAR                         INTERNET: cruff at ncar.UCAR.EDU
(303) 497-1211  P.O. Box 3000                   CSNET: cruff at ncar.CSNET