4 MB Suns with OS version 4.0

PROF. JOHN RAGER JERAGER at AMHERST.BITNET
Tue Feb 14 23:28:24 AEST 1989

For those of us who don't have quite as much access to Sun grapevines,
could you summarize the performance problems observed with a 3/50 running
version 4 of the OS? Who is being impacted? Is one person writing C
programs, etc going to see unbearable slowup? We are a small academic
group with 4 3/50s and frankly, none of the upgrade/replace options are
appealing (they're all too expensive).

If you can't respond from your own experience, you could release this to
the public and I'll summarize responses, etc. Also, is anyone worried that
version 5.0 won't run on Sun3s at all?

Thanks

John Rager (JERAGER at AMHERST.BITNET)