Swap problems in xalloc : No swap space for text

Tony Tran versatc!tran at sun.com
Wed Feb 8 21:25:08 AEST 1989

Once in a while, I ran into a problem while running some Unix commands on
my SUN station {like who, df...}. The command aborts with the following
error message:

sorry, pid xxxx was killed due to swap problems in xalloc: no swap space
for text

This is on a SUN 3/160 with 8MB of physical memory and and 17MB of swap I
did notice some background jobs running (about 6 of them that are running
uucico and sendbatch).

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

  Tony Tran
Versatec Corp.
--
UUCP: {sun|ames|pyramid|vsi1|leadsv}!versatc!tran  	Tony Tran
Versatec, 2805 Bowers Avenue, Santa Clara, Calif 95051 (408)982-4317

[[ You can check to see how much swap space is left with the command
"/etc/pstat -s".  If there isn't enough, increase it.  Describing how to
do that is probably more than should be put in a comment like this.
--wnl ]]