uucico/SUN 386i?

mcvax!miclon!roddy at uunet.uu.net mcvax!miclon!roddy at uunet.uu.net
Sun Feb 19 16:30:11 AEST 1989

We are having a problem on our 386i with Uucico processes hanging. This
appears to happen when a dial on the modem has just failed, and the
process is about to do a redial. It locks up, consuming no CPU, but immune
to signals (other than 9), although on one occasion, I did manage to get a
core from it after hitting it with a 6 (ABORT).

The modem is a Dowty Quattro V22bis (hayes compatible). The problem seems
intermittent, sometimes happening every few hours, other times not seen
for days at a time. It seems to get worse if the line is used for
incoming/outgoing, but is not restricted to these times by any means.

This has been reported to SUN UK, but I am interested to know if anyone
out there has seen this and/or knows a fix.

Roddy Manzie, Micrognosis International Ltd.

...uunet!mcvax!ukc!miclon!roddy
roddy at uk.co.mic.lon