Shared libraries linker error

Hans Buurman mcvax!duttnph!hans at uunet.uu.net
Wed Feb 8 10:38:27 AEST 1989

In article <615 at dutrun.UUCP> I write:
	(program running under 3.5 did not run under 4.0 due to function
	select() in both the program and libsunview.a)

>Could somebody out there
>a) tell me which rules the linker uses ?
>b) guess where Sun screwed up ?

As several people have pointed out this was not an unreasonable behaviour
from the compiler. My apologies to Sun for suggesting this. I am left
wondering why the program used to work in the first place.....

	Hans

Disclaimer: any opinions above are my own.

Hans Buurman                   | hans at duttnph.UUCP
Pattern Recognition Group      | mcvax!hp4nl!dutrun!duttnph!hans
Faculty of Applied Physics     | tel. 31 - (0) 15 - 78 46 94
Delft University of Technology |