problems with emacstool?

Paul Davis davis at scrsu1.sdr.slb.com
Wed Feb 22 23:39:41 AEST 1989

We have someone here who is having problems with the function keys within
an emacstool. Periodically, but randomnly, after input has been focused on
another window, returning to the emacstool and pressing a function key
seems to result in the `*' of the key sequence being ignored:

	eg; hit R13

	   key sequence: C-x * m r

	   effective action:  C-x m r
		(mail, insert `r' in the buffer)

There are other wierd effects too, apparently related.  It doesn't matter
if you wait before typing, and it is very spasmodic.  I gleaned this info
using C-h l to list the last characters Emacs thinks it received, but
don't know where to go from here. Any ideas ?

with thanks,

Paul

	Paul Davis at Schlumberger Cambridge Research
	<davis%scrsu1%sdr.slb.com at relay.cs.net>