Mac SCSI disks on Sun 3/50's?

Steve Jay ultra!shj at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 15 08:53:33 AEST 1989

I've heard conflicting stories about connecting Macintosh SCSI disks to
3/50's.  Because of the stories about conflicting pin assignments on the
SCSI port causing disks and/or Sun failures, I've been unwilling to just
try it.

Does anyone out there have first hand knowledge about connecting Macintosh
disks to 3/50's?  The cost of 100 MB disks for Mac's is down to about
$1000, so they would be very attractive if they work on Sun systems.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Jay                       domain: shj at ultra.com
Ultra Network Technologies	Internet: ultra!shj at ames.arc.nasa.gov
101 Daggett Drive               uucp: ...ames!ultra!shj
San Jose, CA 95134
408-922-0100