Information sought on Solbourne Computers

jim%applix at harvard.harvard.edu jim%applix at harvard.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:42:12 AEST 1989

In article <8901302316.AA02200 at snooze>, franz!snooze!layer at ucbarpa.berkeley.edu (Kevin Layer) writes:
> > So if anyone has investigated it, or had hands on experience, or stories
> > to tell that may allay my fears (or reinforce them) I would be very
> > grateful for the information.

We just recently took our office automation package, Alis, up to Solbourne
to test its compatibility and our Sun-4 code ran like a champ.  There was
one issue with their new style keyboard not using the same key station
codes for the keyboard ioctl's, but they put a Sun keyboard compatibility
module in the kernel and everything ran fine. Nice box...

Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim
      jim at applix.m2c.org