Networking/YP Installation in OS 4.0?

neath at solar-1.csc.ti.com neath at solar-1.csc.ti.com
Wed Feb 1 17:00:45 AEST 1989

I selected the networking package from the SunInstall software menu when I
recently installed Sun OS 4.0 on a Sun 4/260.  However, I indicated no YP
server on the Client menu. It now appears that I need the YP server
afterall.  The /var/yp directory is empty.  If I rerun SunInstall and
select UPDATE, then choose the networking package only, will I get the YP
software installed?  Will it mess up any of the NFS configuration I have
already done? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin Neath
Texas Instruments,
Austin, TX.