NEWS mode in GNU Emacs

umerin%flab.flab.Fujitsu.JUNET at uunet.uu.net umerin%flab.flab.Fujitsu.JUNET at uunet.uu.net
Wed Feb 1 03:24:18 AEST 1989

> I am running GNU emacs 18.52 on a Sun 4 under OS 4.0.
> The command "M-x rnews" places emacs into NEWS mode.  However, I have no
> information on how to configure the package to find the news feed on the
> VAX. Has anyone else solved this problem? If not from emacs, is there a
> public domain news package for the Sun 4?

GNUS is a program for reading netnews inside GNU Emacs. It is an
integration of two popular newsreaders, rn and vn. GNUS can retrieve
articles from both a local news spool and a remote news spool using NNTP
(RFC977).

You can get it from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu [128.146.8.60] using anonymous
ftp. The latest distribution version of GNUS is 3.10.

Masanobu UMEDA
umerin at flab.Fujitsu.JUNET
umerin%flab.Fujitsu.JUNET at uunet.uu.NET