Flyback Transformer question

Rob Jaksa {manager} jaksa at cpswh.cps.msu.edu
Wed Feb 22 17:56:37 AEST 1989

We have had a phenomenal number of flyback transformers go bad in our Sun
19" monochrome monitors (about 1 in 3 for Suns purchased less than two
years ago).  Previously, we could purchase a replace- ment part from a
third-party vender and replace the part ourselves for the cost of the part
($70) and 1/2 hour of work.  (A little less than Sun's $550 / 30 day
service.)  However this source has now informed us that Sun told them to
stop providing the part.

Does any one know where this flyback transformer can be found? The part
has the following information on it:

	Made in Taiwan
	5107-140-01781
	EIA-528-8719.

If I receive any positive leads, I will summarize and post them to
Sun-Spots.

Thanks,
Rob Jaksa

	Arpanet & Csnet:	jaksa at cpswh.cps.msu.edu