Editors

J. Philip Miller phil at wubios.wustl.edu
Thu Feb 23 11:10:24 AEST 1989

ileaf!ebr at eddie.mit.edu (Evan B. Ross) writes:
>        ......         Does anybody know of any decent programmer's editors
> for unix/sun besides Emacs?  I've tried my hand at gnuemacs, but I have
> found it much to slow and cumbersome.

I recently went through a search for something that was more to my
background on PC's & many other "big" machines.  I settled for the Grand
Editor, a derivative of Rand Editor (re, ned, etc).  It supports multiple
simultaneous files, multiple windows, remappable keyboard, and a fairly
intuitive interface.  It is available for attractive site licensing (but
they make their money off the manual's).

Also available on the net (uunet!rand!editor)

-phil miller
phil at wubios.WUstl.edu