Problem with SunLink PAD?

Walid Dabbous dabbous at mirsa.inria.fr
Sun Feb 19 15:29:34 AEST 1989

I have a problem with my SUN 3/50 running SunLink 5.0 :

The socket ``connect'' call does not succeed all times, the result is
either a succes, or a connection refusal, or the connect blocks until it
is killed. This problem typically arises when using the X.29 login server
provided bu SunLink: when trying to connect to an X.29 server from the
same machine i have one of the following messages:

	fritz% /usr/sunlink/x25/x29/usr/pad 73
	Calling... connection refused: 00 00: Socket is not connected

	fritz% /usr/sunlink/x25/x29/usr/pad 73
	Calling... ^?

	fritz% /usr/sunlink/x25/x29/usr/pad 73
	Calling... connection refused: 13 15: Connection refused

	fritz% /usr/sunlink/x25/x29/usr/pad 73
	Calling... connected...
	login: dupond
	Password:

        fritz% /usr/sunlink/x25/x29/usr/pad 73
        Calling... connected...
        login: dupond
        Password:

After three or four tries one can finally connect to the X.29 server
socket. The next tries will also succeed; It is only after a long timer
that this behavior will return...

Any Help appreciated. Please email and thanks in advance.

   Walid Dabbous 		    |      Email : dabbous at mirsa.inria.fr
   INRIA Centre de Sophia Antipolis |      Phone : (33) 93 65 77 47
      2004, Route des Lucioles      |      Telex :      97 00 50 F
      06565 Valbonne CEDEX  France  |      Fax   : (33) 93 65 77 65