PostScript Previewers for Sunview

G.D.Pratt gerry at SEQ1.KEELE.AC.UK
Thu Feb 16 16:07:50 AEST 1989

We have been using the "ralpage" previewer which is in the public domain
for this. As far as I know it is freely available, in source form, from
the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory - I obtained it on tape from Mark
Phillips of the Single User Support Scheme.

The address is

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Chilton
DIDCOT
Oxfordshire
OX11 0QX
Tel (0235) 21900 Ext 6713
Telex 83159 RUTHLB G
Fax (0235)44 5808

I use it on a daily basis to preview text and it is pretty good for
tables.  The output from ptroff can be piped straight into it. It could be
faster but is a *lot* more reliable than psview and writes very clear
error messages if it doesn't like what you send it.

I also use xralpage when running an X server (with the Purdue speedups of
course!)

Gerry Pratt - Workstation Support - Computer Centre
University of KEELE - NEWCASTLE - Staffordshire - ST5 5BG - ENGLAND

Tel: (0782) 621111 ext 3290
EMail: gerry at uk.ac.keele.seq1