Administrivia

William LeFebvre phil at Rice.edu
Sun Feb 19 09:46:23 AEST 1989

I need to remind all potential posters of the two different addresses
associated with Sun-Spots:

Sun-Spots at Rice.edu		for submissions to the digest

Sun-Spots-request at Rice.edu	for administrative requests (such as
				adding and deleting addresses to the
				main list, mail problems, etc.)

If you are reading messages via the Usenet News system ("rn", "readnews",
etc.) then posting an article to the "comp.sys.sun" list will usually send
it to the right address.  However, I have noticed some problems with that
procedure.  I get multiple copies of some messages (presumably because
some site is running an old version of the news software) and others seem
to be sent to the wrong address (the "request" address).  So "post at your
own risk".

Secondly, sources.  I have not been processing sources much at all lately,
because I am waiting for "comp.sources.sun" to be created.  We are
currently in the "voting" phase on "news.groups" and after two weeks I
have only received one "no" vote.  So things look very good for the
group's creation---it's just a matter of time (on the order of a few
weeks).  So please refrain from sending in sources until we get the new
list set up and going.  If you sent source in and have not seen any
mention of it yet, then allow me to apologize.  I'm putting as much of it
off as I can.  The current means of distribution is not very effective.