Include source-files in framemaker docs

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Thu Feb 9 19:41:35 AEST 1989

> I want to include some source, specifically #include .h files, into a
> framemaker document.  Every attempt I have made has had some fatal flaw.

This is a little specific for sun-spots (people at Frame: we sure would
like to get that Frame mailing group organized!) but this is what you need
to do:

Create your anchored frame.  Make it the size you want.

>From the tools box, select the textrect tool (looks like a box with little
lines in it).  Put a textrect in the anchored frame.

Put the insert point in the anchored frame.  From the document menu,
select "import".  Give the file name of source code.  Adjust your
protective goggles.  Hit return.  Ta da!

Frame rule of thumb: NEVER USE TEXT LINES FOR RUNNING TEXT!  Create a
textrect and suck the text into it.

> P.S. How do you change the font of graphics text in "tools"?

Type the text in to the text line.  Select the whole line by either
dragging the mouse across the text, or use esc-h-l (highlight line).  Go
to the font dialog box.  Select the appropriate font attributes.  Again,
get those goggles on.  Click on "OK".

It is also an interesting feature that if you select a group of objects,
and change the font attributes, and text line in the group will be
changed.  Very handy.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation
(407) 727-6131
ARPA: chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com

[[ For future reference, I don't mind carrying messages about problems
with applications that are primarily Sun-based.  Espcially if no
reasonable alternative exists (as is the case here).  I just won't let it
get out of hand (I don't want to be faced with changing the name of the
list to "Frame-Flippers" (-: ).  --wnl ]]