Sound on a sun 3/50?

cep4478%ucss at cs.rit.edu cep4478%ucss at cs.rit.edu
Fri Feb 3 12:58:08 AEST 1989

Hi Net,

I would like to ask if it's possible to get more interesting sounds out of
the sun 3/50 than just a Ctrl-G and a key click, and if so, how...The
constraints are that the process MUST run unprivileged, and my idea is
just to get a "click" out of the speaker (keyboard?), write an assembly
routine to combine these clicks very quickly into rough tones, and string
these tones together into the same "Zshlooop!" sound that you get when you
close in some other environments.

All that I could come up with is the ioctl for KIOCMD (I think) that turns
on, off key click, but what I want is notes.

	TNX.

	Christopher E. Piggott
	Rochester Institute of Technology
	Department of Computer  Engineering
	(New to this "SUN" thing)

cep4478 at ritcv.rit.edu
cep4478 at RITVAX.BITNET
..ucbvax!ucbvax!ames!rochester!ritcv!cep4478
..rutgers!rochester!ritcv!cep4478