PC-NFS question: symbolic link resolution

Jason Venner kadmon!jason at mtxinu.com
Wed Feb 15 07:12:37 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how pc-nfs resolves symbolic links (or nfs for that
matter).

The problem I have is that I mount a file system on the pc, and it has
some symbolic links in it.

If I mount the unix tree from root on a drive, symbolic links work fine
(if the would work fine on the nfs server).

If I mount a subtree as root, but mount things so that the sym links
should be resolved (ie on the PC, all the relevant paths/files are there)
the symlinks do not show up in ls listings.

Help!

Jason