DNI

Dinah Anderson dinah at shell.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 00:42:36 AEST 1989

treed at dasys1.UUCP (Timothy Reed) writes:
>If you're talking about Sunlink/DNI 6.0, we received ours last week.  I
>haven't installed it as I'm waiting for sybase for our 4s.

You are in for a treat and a half. Sun now supplies installation scripts
that assume you are a novice software installer and actually edit all the
configuration files and (shudder) make a new kernel for you. it even
copies the kernel into /.

We are in the process of feeding this information back into Sun (i.e. we
do not like it!) and would like the option to select parts of the scripts
to run and want detailed directions for  manual directions. I finally
found manual directions in the appendix, but they were not as robust as in
the past.

Dinah Anderson
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-3287
...!{sun,psuvax,soma,rice,ut-sally,ihnp4}!shell!dinah