Sunview alert box cursor (arrow) invisible

John Franks john%hopf.math.nwu.edu at eecs.nwu.edu
Tue Feb 14 05:12:22 AEST 1989

I have just installed SunOS 4.0 on a grayscale 3/110.  I noticed that when
an alert box appears (e.g. to confirm a quit), the arrow mouse cursor is
hard to see.  Actually it is given the background color so it effectively
punches a hole in the alert box.  If it is moved out of the box it is
really invisible and it can be difficult to get it back in the box.

I vaguely recalled reading something about this in sun-spots so I made a
search of our local archives.  Two people reported encountering this
problem (in 6.154 and 6.166) and one kind soul suggested it is a feature
(6.189).  Has anybody found a fix for this problem?

		Internet	john at math.nwu.edu
		Bitnet		j_franks at nuacc