MC 68881 for Sun 3/50

Roy Smith roy at phri.phri.nyu.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:44:15 AEST 1989

We put 68881's in our 3/50's a while ago.  Details of the procedure can be
found somewhere in the sun-spots archive.  (I'm afraid I can't find a copy
on-line here, but I'm sure it's in the archives from about febuary or
march 1988).  In a nutshell, you order a MC68881-RC16A (mask A93N or
higher), plug it in, and you're done.  We paid about $145 for them a
little over a year ago.  I doubt Radio Shack would have the part (nor
would I trust it if they did) but Newark, Schweber, Avnet, or any of the
other big mail-order places should be able to get it for you.  Maybe even
Allied, Radio Shacks parent company.

Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute
{allegra,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers}!phri!roy -or- phri!roy at uunet.uu.net