customizing labels for cmdtool icons

Glenn Roberts gfr at cobra.mitre.org
Sat Feb 11 06:33:33 AEST 1989

> I often rlogin to other machines in cmdtool windows, then keep the
> windows closed until I need to work on a remote machine.  Can anyone
> tell me how to label the cmdtool icon with the remote host name?

I have lines like the following in my .rootmenu file:

"Remote Logins   "      MENU
 "Byson" shelltool -Wl Byson -WL Byson rlogin byson
 "Frogg" shelltool -Wl Frogg -WL Frogg rlogin frogg
 "Pecok" shelltool -Wl Pecok -WL Pecok rlogin pecok
 "Swann" shelltool -Wl Swann -WL Swann rlogin swann
"Remote Logins   "                      END

This allows me to pop up a shelltool and log in to various remote systems
via the SunView pop-up menu.  The window will be labeled in both the open
and iconic  forms.

- Glenn Roberts, The MITRE Corp., McLean VA
  gfr at cobra.mitre.org