Sun Monochrome Console Power Supply needed

Eric C. Pearce pearce at tycho.yerkes.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 16 18:49:12 AEST 1989

I have a Sun 19" Monochrome monitor made by Motorola in 1987.  The power
supply board is cooked with two clearly damaged MOV's (I think).  The
power supply board is labeled with a Motorola part number and looks like a
separate marketable unit.  My local Motorola distributer said that they
don't make consoles any more and that I am out of luck.

Does anyone out there know where I can get a new power supply board,
either from Motorola or a third party?  Failing that, does anyone know the
voltage and current levels needed?

The facts:	Motorola 19" Monochrome Monitor
	      	Part # L7101S-Y01
		Assembled in Joplin MO, Jan 1987.

		Power Supply "Motorola PSM-7458"

I'll summarize any helpful comments.  Please reply directly as I have no
console output!

     - Eric C. Pearce			pearce at tycho.yerkes.uchicago.edu
       					pearce at oddjob.uchicago.edu