Dvorak keyboard software on a Sun?

SBartlett.OsbuSouth at xerox.com SBartlett.OsbuSouth at xerox.com
Tue Feb 14 07:13:31 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there in net-land know of a way I can configure a Sun to
treat its standard keyboard as having a Dvorak layout?  Are there any
existing hacks or patches somewhere that will do the job, or will I need
to do it myself somehow?

This isn't just a passing fancy; three years ago I retrained myself to
touch type on a Dvorak keyboard.  Unfortunately, this meant that I
couldn't handle typing on a QWERTY keyboard anymore--I have to hunt and
peck.  I just got my Sun machine, and I can't type on it!

I am new to these machines, but I can consult with more knowledgable folks
if your response is really tricky.

Please reply to me directly, as I am not on this DL (yet).

Many thanks,
-- Steve