What is needed for smartmail/pathalias on Sun's?

datacube.com!berger at gaia datacube.com!berger at gaia
Wed Feb 8 06:15:49 AEST 1989

We are converting our network to Sun OS 4.0.1 (from 3.5). We are also
converting from using notes to news and replacing our Pyramid 90x based
mail/notes/uucp gateway with a Sun 3. We are using pathalias version 9,
sendmail.cf UUCP-Project/rel-1.1, uuhosts 1.69 on the Pyramid.

I am trying to figure out in advance what I need to get to most easily set
up the latest and greatest versions of smartmail, news, pathalias, etc. I
would love to see a description, comparison and where to get all the
different:

	news software
	news user interfaces
	mailers and mail support tools

Cause I'm confused about smail, smartmail, IDA mail, sendmail, gatech
mail, dmail, uuhosts, pathalias, BNEWS 2.11, BNEWS 3.0, CNEWS, vnews,
pnews, inews, rn (by the dozens) and so on.

I'm particularly interested in solutions tuned for a NFS network of
Suns.

	Bob Berger

Datacube Inc. Systems / Software Group	4 Dearborn Rd. Peabody, Ma 01960
VOICE:	508-535-6644;	FAX: (508) 535-5643;  TWX: (710) 347-0125
UUCP:	berger at datacube.COM,  uunet!datacube!berger rutgers!datacube!berger