read only /usr?

Hans van Staveren mcvax!cs.vu.nl!sater at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jan 24 12:29:31 AEST 1989

We are planning to upgrade from SunOs 3.5 to SunOS 4.0.1 and I understood
that SunOS 4.x likes to keep /usr mounted readonly.  Now it is currently
our custom to use rdist to keep all our /usr's on our various fileservers
identical, but if /usr is mounted readonly I would guess that will no
longer work.

I mean, currently when I install patchlevel 347 of the blurfl package I do
it on the master fileserver and let rdist worry about the others.  Don't
tell me I have to go and perform manual work on all servers please.

Has anybody been hit by this one yet?

	Hans van Staveren
	Vrije Universiteit
	Amsterdam, Holland