PC-NFS Print Server and MS Word PostScript Problem

John Williams auspex!jfw at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 13 16:31:12 AEST 1989

We have just installed a PC-NFS (version 3.0) Sun3-4 (version 4.0.1)
workgroup.  A Sun 3/50 is acting as our print server for a Sun LaserWriter
II.  The TranScript suite has been installed and works great for our Sun
systems but the PCs can't seem to utilize the PostScript features
available with this printer.

Our PC users would like to print MS Draw and Write files to this network
printer but even though these packages support PostSript devices, we
cannot seem to make this configuration work.  They can however print their
text files without any problems.

I have tried to move over MS Word PostScript files without success.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

UUCP: ...!{uunet,bridge2}!auspex!jfw                            (408) 970-8970
USPS: John Williams/ Auspex Systems/ 2903 Bunker Hill Ln/ Santa Clara CA 95054