swap on nd and local disk (was Re: 3.2 server with 3.4-5 clients?)

Paul Czarnecki harvard!ll-xn!munsell!pz at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:45:59 AEST 1989

blia!blipyramid!mike at uunet.uu.net (Mike Ubell) writes:
>I have discovered that you cannot swap local and have the root in an nd
>partition.  If you do not have some swap space in an nd partition then at
>boot time it cannot mount the root.  Is there a solution to this problem?

Sun told me to just make an nd swap with a zero size.  Then swap on both
nd and your local disk.

I have not tried this.  (By the time I got my answer back from the
Software Hotline I had already loaded my disk with a root and /usr also.
Sigh...)

	pZ

	Paul Czarnecki -- A Newsfeed is Sometime Thing
	{{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!pz